Saturday, February 10, 2007

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today I had the pleasure of taking in the sights and sounds of East Harlem.

I headed to the East Harlem Tutorial Program orientation for volunteers with my daughter in tow. The wheel on my stroller broke on my way to the orientation. It was a lot like breaking the heal off of a favorite pair of shoes. While stranded at the center, waiting for Papas to pick us up, I saw a student and his tutor giving the student's mom a run down on what was covered during their session. The tutee’s mom was so happy when she heard about her son's improvements in math. It would be nice to take part in a program like this.
Next on the itinerary was Food, located at 100th and Lex. It’s a great little restaurant with very reasonable prices and good food!

Oh, and of course I took more pictures! I found this radical mural on 117th and 2nd Avenue on my way to the East Harlem Tutorial Program. I must have walked passed this one a million times and only noticed it today!



We ended the night at Hughes House and listened to live music. Definitely a nice way to end the evening. Check their website for upcoming events.

No comments: